Monday, October 19, 2009

What if?


What if I went deaf and blind? If i went deaf and blind my life would change incredibly. The world would not be the same. Thinking about this shows me all the things that I take for granted. To not be able to see a sunset or listen to my favorite song. Not to be able to see a movie or have a regular conversation. I would have to re-adapt to everything in life. I would have to learn to communicate in a different way. I would have to go to a special school, and not be able to keep my job. I would not be able to drive. It would be so difficult to go on with living, everything you know would be erased. I would have to relearn everything. The people in my life would change. The questions that arise are who would stay and who would go? Who and what would I loose? The strain that i would put on family would be very intense. Would the give up on me? Would I give up on myself? Taking all this into consideration I am so happy that I am healthy and have all my senses. It also puts into view all the things I take for granted in everyday life. So go on and ask yourself "what if?".

1 comment:

Rell said...

Wow! You really took that "what if" to the extreme. I would have never thought that deep about that. Now I'm stuck wondering how many people would be there if something were to happen to me.