Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blog Challenge #2

When is it appropriate for students to use real photos of themselves on their blogs? I believe that if the student is alright with putting their picture out there then let them do it. There are always people out there that will exploit the Internet and if you take the right precautions then there is no reason to fret. Just having a picture out there is not going to hurt anybody. As long as you don't take a picture of you in front of your house in your gym uniform then you will be alright.
I have not posted any personal pictures on my blog yet. This has nothing to do with not wanting a picture of me out there. I would never post any personal information on the Internet that could potential put me in harms way. I don't use the Internet to meet friends, I use it to communicate with the friends I already have. I also would never post inappropriate pictures of my self or others on the Internet. I am almost positive that before the school year is over I will have some form of a photo of myself on my blog. If you use common sense then there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to post a simple picture of yourself. Just use your head and you will be safe.

No comments: