Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dear Solider

Dear Soldier,


Let me start my letter by saying "Thank you". Just as so many have said before and many will say in the future. I wish there was something else a simple thank you doesn't seem to be enough. You do so many great things and deserve so much more than "Thank you". What you are doing is so amazing, don't ever forget that you are an extraordinary person.

There are many things that are happening back home that you are going to have to be caught up on. So lets get started... We will talk about the tabloids. I know I know the tabloids, but I always get a good laugh out of the tabloids maybe you will to. Tiger Woods, the golfer, not one to be in the tabloids. He is alleged to have had an affair, his wife not happy about this news chases him with a golf club. Tiger then jumps in his car and runs straight into a fire hydrant. I must say I thought that this was hilarious and have no idea what the big deal is. Let me tell you it is obviously a big deal because Tiger can't get out of the tabloids now. On a better note Robin Williams and Elijah Woods will return for "Happy Feet 2". Brad and Angliena are supposedly going to split but who really knows with those two.

Be safe, come home soon. Thank you for everything you do and everything you are...

Sincerely yours Ariana Hampton


I came across this poem while looking at a website I found. I think that this poem is great and explains well what a soldier is a how they are important. I hope you enjoy it.


A Soldier

There is discipline in A Soldier

you can see it when he walks,

There is honor in A Soldier

you hear it when he talks.

There is courage in A Soldier

you can see it in his eyes,

There is loyalty in A Soldier

that he will not compromise.

There is something in A Soldier

that makes him stand apart,

There is strength in A Soldier

that beats from his heart.

A Soldier isn't a title any man

can be hired to do,

A Soldier is the soul of that man

buried deep inside of you.

A Soldier's job isn't finished after

an 8 hour day or a 40 hour week,

A Soldier is always A Soldier

even while he sleeps.

A Soldier serves his country first

and his life is left behind,

A Soldier has to sacrifice what

comes first in a civilian's mind.

If you are civilian -

I am saying this to you.....

next time you see A Soldier

remember what they do.

A Soldier is the reason our land

is 'Home of the free',

A Soldier is the one that is brave

protecting you and me.

If you are A Soldier -

I am saying this to you.....

Thank God for EVERY SOLDIER

Thank God for what YOU do!

-Angela Goodwin


1 comment:

Bay said...

Great Letter, The poem you found was great.