Monday, February 22, 2010

Text and Drive


There are many people that text and drive. I must confess I am guilty of this act myself. I often try to wait until I'm at a red light, but even then I am still distracted and at high risk of having a accident. Most of my friends text and drive also, most say that they can text without looking so its ok. Even if you can text without looking your brain is on the text message not on the road where it should be. When I'm in a car with someone who is texting it is very scary to say the least. When the passenger is paying more attention than the driver you know there is a problem. Oprah is having a no text pledge that she is having her guest stars sign and you can sign it on her website. She had a whole show on the subject, and also has many commercials. If anyone can get threw to people it's Oprah. I think that they should pass a law that states that you cannot be on your phone at all while driving. I believe that they should put more commercials and advertisements on television and out for the public to see. I believe with a little bit of effort there would be great changes.

No comments: