Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life of Pi

After reading Life of Pi there are many things that I have learned. The struggles that Pi went threw have so many life lessons in them. When Pi gets on lifeboat he has to struggle with both physical and mental issues. You learn about the animals that Pi must deal with. I learned about the true nature of the hyenas, which is absolutely disgusting. I learned a lot about the tiger and the whole alpha male concept. I also learned from Pi's mental struggles on his journey. He had to deal with losing his family and being stranded in the Pacific Ocean. I learned from his behavior and the way he acted from the beginning to the end. At first he was all about faith and he was sure that someone would come and save him. As the story goes on it almost seems that Pi has lost his mind, and your not sure what to believe. I think that the biggest thing that I learned from Life of Pi was about religion. This is odd to because I'm not the religious type. His perspective on religion was very interesting to me. He studied three different religions and just wanted to love god. Throughout the book Pi stays faithful to god. Pi also teaches about how religion and zoology intertwine. There are many different things that I took from Life of Pi it was a good book.

No comments: